Thursday, December 1, 2011

Isn't it stupid???

I have always hated wearing shoes when not needed. I like to take them off the first chance I get if I am forced to wear shoes. Granted there's no option while playing football or going on a trek but why in the office???? Fortunately, both the companies I worked for preferred to look at the quality of my work rather than the type of my footwear.

When I was transferred to Delhi though, my new boss grilled me about the sandals I was wearing at the IGI airport at 12' O clock in the night! I had to run out to the market and buy a new pair of shoes before attending office the next day.

Wonder what would happen if I attend a job interview in sandals. Does a company reject an otherwise good candidate just because he is not wearing shoes?

Here is someone who shares the sentiment and puts it in a much more colorful way than I have...

http://superblog.crazyengineers.com/2011/07/27/why-do-indians-wear-shoes-isnt-it-stupid/

No comments:

Post a Comment